In this week-long training you will acquire the skills and knowledge rewuired to assume operational radiological protection responsibilities within your company/laboratory. You will learn to implement and support the radiation protection measures prescribes by the radiation protection expert(s).
- Basics of radiation physics and radiobiology
- Estimating radiation hazards
- Handling radioactive material in conformity with radiation protection principles
- Personal and technical radiation protection measures
- Fundamentals and practical applications of radiation measurement techniques
- Applicable laws, regulations and guidelines
- Accident prevention
The participants acquire the competences listed in the Radiation Protection Training Ordinance (SR 814.501.261).
Laboratory personnel in working area types B and C (I19)
- Theoretical inputs
- Individual exercises
- Demonstration of simple physical experiments
- Practicals on various topics
- Self-study for exam
|Basic / Advanced courses|
- K876E "Continuing training in radiological protection for laboratory personnel in working ares types B and C (I19)"
- K420 "Anerkannte Ausbildung zu Strahlenschutz-Sachverständigen für die Arbeitsbereiche B und C (I1)"
English, whereas this course is also available in German
|Requirements for participants|
Motivation and interest in radiation protection, basic scientific knowledge
|Proof of performance|
- Certificate of completion
- Certificate (BAG accredited), if the proof of performance has been successfully provided
Villigen, PSI Education Center (building OSGA)
|Number of days / duration in lessons (à 45 minutes each)|
5 days (40 lessons)
|Course leader / moderation|
Ralph Hardegger-Huber, Radiation Protection Instructor, PSI Education Center
|Number of participants|
Minimum 6 / Maximum 16
This course does not include meals. However, the staff restaurant OASE also provides external visitors with inexpensive and tasty menus.
- Calculator and laptop or tablet including power adapter
- Suitable lab clothing: long trousers, closed shoes (a lab coat will be provided)
Safety notice: In the numerous practicals, we will deal with both sealed an open radioactive sources. Please note that pregnant or breastfeeding women are not allowed to attend this course for radiation protection reasons.
Course type: Ausbildung
Product category: Strahlenschutz in Industrie, Gewerbe, Lehre und Forschung
Administration PSI Education Center, Tel. 056 310 24 00, email@example.com
see general terms and conditions