- Why ethics matter in science
- Guidelines on Research Integrity at PSI
- Planning and execution research work, data
management, scientific publishing
- Transfer of ethical principles and values to
specific situations in research
- Information sources, homepage RI with links
the course 931E (PhDs) is compulsory for all PhD students (3 parts) and
participation in the course 931E (Postdocs) is compulsory for all
18 months after they started working at PSI. You will receive separate
invitations accordingly. The secretaries of the PSI divisions control
This course (for PhDs) consists of 3 parts
(1) Self-study: eLearning Course “Ethics in research”, 25 min. Will be accessible from Tuesday, 02.06.2020 on a web link and is to be completed before Friday, 12.06.2020
(2) Participation in face-to-face course on Tuesday, 16.06.2020, 13:30 - 15:30, WHGA/ 001 (Audimax): presentation guidelines with practical examples
(3) Answering questions (online) "Ethics in Research" to be completed before 30.06.2020
multiple-choice, intermediate evaluation, if 80 % correct: passed, 15 min.
· If not passed: 5 questions, intermediate evaluation, if 80 % correct:
passed, 15 min.
If not passed: personal interview
with RI consultant /Ombudsperson, passed, 30 min.
Course 931E (PhDs) is completed if parts (1), (2) and (3) are passed.
Face-to-face course (2): 2 h
Self-study (1) and (3): approx. 50 min
time of (2) see announcements and RI Homepage Intranet (search: Integrity): https://intranet.psi.ch/Research_Integrity/VeranstaltungenEN
Date Face-to-face course
16.06.2020 (13.30 - 15.30)
WHGA/001 and online
Rafael Abela, Tel 3271
RI Officer / Contact
Helmut Schift, Tel. 2839, email@example.com
Certificate of completion
Number of participants
Minimum 6 / Maximum 100