- Why ethics matter in science
- Guidelines on Research Integrity at PSI
- Planning and execution research work, data
management, scientific publishing
- Transfer of ethical principles and values to
specific situations in research
- Information sources, homepage RI with links
Participation in this course is compulsory for all PhD students (all 3 parts) and postdocs (only part 1), latest
18 months after they started working at PSI. You will receive separate invitations accordingly. The secretaries of the PSI Divisions control
This course consist of 3 parts
(1) eCourse “Ethics in research”, 25 min.
(2) Face-to-face course: presentation guidelines with practical examples
and discussions, 2 h.
multiple-choice, intermediate evaluation, if 80 % correct: passed, 15 min.
· If not passed: 5 questions, intermediate evaluation, if 80 % correct:
passed, 15 min.
If not passed: personal interview
with RI consultant /Ombudsperson, passed, 30 min.
Course 931E is completed if parts (1), (2) and (3) are passed.
Face-to-face course (2): 2 h
Self-study (1) and (2): approx. 50 min
time of (2) see announcements and RI Homepage Intranet (search: Integrity): https://intranet.psi.ch/Research_Integrity/VeranstaltungenEN
16.06.2020 (13.30 - 15.30)
Rafael Abela, Tel 3271
RI Officer / Contact
Helmut Schift, Tel. 2839, email@example.com
Certificate of completion
Number of participants
Minimum 6 / Maximum 100